Wednesday, April 15, 2009

8 months come and gone

I ran again. I've ran ONCE since August. That is pathetic. But, with winter and cold and blah blah blah excuses, you know.

I bought a BOB dually jogging stroller off Craigslist. So far, its a BEAST. Huge. But it has like, shocks on it or something. Its made for off roading, not that I'll be doing any of that.

I took it out for a spin today with the boys. I'm kind of excited I can spend this time with them (although today I really tried to tune Porter out with the iPod). It'll come in handy in the summer even if its just going for long walks. A jogger is a zillion times nicer to push than any other type of stroller.

So... back to my workout. I am having issues with my Nike Plus (+) dealie ma bobber. I mapped my run (err... walk/jog) on MapMyRun and it is 2.6 miles. Nike + says I ran something like .77 miles. Anyhow... took me 39 minutes (ACK!). I'm so SO incredibly out of shape its not funny... and trying to coerce my out of shape, rubbery legs to push a 70lb+ load wasn't easy. I figured as long as I walked fast/alternated with a few spurts of jogging... its better than nothing. And, its a start.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

i hope u can get your nike+ working again right. that stinks that you lost out on a long run like that too! :(