Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 1

I decided last night to join LeeAnn in a 5K on September 6th.

Yes, you heard me... just 3 weeks away.

Did I mention I haven't been running on about a year?

So, today I ran. And walked. I tried to pace myself and listen to my body.

Unfortunately I didn't have to listen hard as it was screaming "NO! Stop this abuse!" LOL!

I was also pushing Porter in the jogging stroller (I'd like to get him latched onto the idea of running and eventually when he's older have a running buddy!), so that was an easy 40lbs extra for me to push.

My distance today was just under 1.5 miles. I'll be paying for this tomorrow, I'm sure.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I was paying for my 1.5 miles for two days!! BUT, we can do this!! Im glad that you signed up!! :) And made a fitness blog too! Ill add yours to my fitness blog blogroll! :)